I am so excited that spring sports are right around the corner and practices will begin on Monday March 22nd for high school athletics and Wednesday April 15th for middle school athletics. This inevitably means that the weather is going to start getting nicer and we will be able to get outside and get our kids back to competing in the spring sports they love. There are a couple of requirements that must be in place prior to athletes taking part in practices at the high school level. These requirements are listed below:
There are two things that all parents/guardians and student-athletes must complete before attending a practice. Each of these is detailed below. Student-athletes will not be able to participate in any practice/tryout until each of these items are addressed.
- FinalForms Registration/Update: If your student-athlete participated in athletics last year at Holly High School or Holly Middle School, you as a parent/guardian will need to login to FinalForms to update your form sets and select sports that your athlete will be participating in during the 2020-21 school year. This is what populates the student-athletes onto the coach’s rosters on FinalForms and will enable them to complete the pre-screening process for practices/tryouts.
- MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire/MHSAA Sports Participation Physical: The Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) has waived the participation physical requirement for all athletes that participated in high school or middle school athletics in their current district during the 2019-20 school year. In place of the traditional physical, student-athletes are required to complete the MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire signing off on their participation for the 2020-21 school year. This can be filled out electronically and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or a hard copy can be brought to the athletic office.
If your athlete was not an athlete during the 2019-20 school year, they will require a participation physical (MHSAA Participation Physical Form) before participating in any activity.
If your athlete is a transfer from another district, you will need to reach out to the athletic department at your previous school to obtain a copy of the physical from 2019-20 and fill out the MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire for the 2020-21
Below is our schedule for Monday and Tuesday of next week for spring sports. Coaches will be communicating with athletes in person and on FinalForms practice schedules and future dates and times early next week.
- Baseball – 4:00-7:00 @ HHS – Baseball Field
- Softball – 3:00-5:00 @ HHS – Softball Field
- Track and Field – 2:30-4:00 @ HHS – Stadium
- Boys Golf – 3:30-5:00 @ Heather Highlands
- Girls Soccer – 3:00-5:00 @ Karl Richter Campus – Stadium
- Girls Tennis – 2:45-4:00 @ HHS – Tennis Courts
- Girls Lacrosse – 7:30-8:30 @ Holly Middle School – Gym
- Boys Lacrosse – 7:00-9:00 @ Brandon HS – Football Stadium
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to our varsity coaches for the specific sport you are interested in.
Sport Specific Coach Information:
- Baseball – Varsity Coach – Coach Jackson — email@example.com
- Softball – Varsity Coach – Coach Culver — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girls Tennis – Varsity Coach – Coach Sophiea — email@example.com
- Girls Soccer – Varsity Coach – Coach Gregory — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys and Girls Track and Field – Varsity Coach – Coach Merlo — email@example.com
- Boys Golf – Varsity Coach – Coach Couchman — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys Lacrosse – Varsity Coach – Coach Reynolds – email@example.com
- Girls Lacrosse – Varsity Coach – Coach Freeman — firstname.lastname@example.org
We will have updates in regards to middle school sports after spring break. Good luck to all of our athletes and we look forward to a very fun and exciting spring season!!!